Monday, January 10, 2011

41 Hours

So we totaled up how many hours we spent in a car over the last week and it totaled 41. That is a little over a quarter of a week. I know, when I think about it, I get queasy as well and no I don't get car sick at all. So to begin with on January 2, we started at 4am and drove 17ish hours to Atlanta Georgia. That trip ended Sunday night around 10:30pm when we collapsed in Atlanta in a two bedroom apartment of friends/boss that have two kids. Yes, the total number of people in the apartment way out numbered the number of rooms needed. January 5th was a no travel day and an exploration day. We went to the Atlanta Aquarium, which is the largest in the world and walked through the entire thing! It was so amazing!
My husband and me in front of the aquarium! The shark is almost swallowing him whole if you look hard! 


This is jelly fish of course. They were/are see through so there were lights in the tank that kept changing. 


This picture I had to make bigger because I really like it a lot! More jelly fish obviously but they were so brilliantly amazing.

We walked through Centennial Olympic Park afterwards where the 1996 Olympics were held and where the bomb went off during the Olympics. That was really neat as well. There was a huge fountain, the kind that sprays up and then goes back down and even though it was freezing cold, there were people playing in it. 

This is the fountain with people in the middle!

 This is the Coca-Cola building. They sponsored the building of the aquarium and are right next door to it.

 This is the statue in the middle of Olympic Park. It is the father of the modern Olympics. 

We also went into the CNN building intending to get Starbucks but to much avail because the Passion 2011 conference was there and there was no way to get it in any timely fashion at all so back to the metro we went to go back to their apartment. 

After the adventures of Monday, Tuesday morning we headed to sunny but chilly (compared to what I thought is should be for Florida). We left about 10:30ish from Atlanta and got to Kissimmee FL around 7ish. We drove down with our friend/boss so I had it wonderful just being about to sleep in the backseat almost all 7 hours down!! The all-staff Impact conference was great, a little overwhelming, okay, 17 people I had never met in my life overwhelming. I definitely had to get away and just chill by myself a bit to make it through. It was wonderful to meet everyone though and make new friends that know the exact struggles of campus ministry and a spouse in the ministry. SO now, I have friends in South Bend IN, Idao-somewhere, an Oregon Duck (Yuck) fan from somewhere out west, a couple Florida people & a couple Salt Lake City people who are a riot. At least when I travel, I will probably never need to stay in a hotel no matter where I am. 

That was Tuesday so fast forward to Saturday and we drove back to Atlanta getting back up there just after the same friend we stayed with before got out of one of her classes for her TRIPLE Masters. Yes, you read that correctly, I did say triple masters. This lady is one smart cookie! I'll let her deliver any of my babies that she is willing to!

Sunday morning we got up super early to drive 9-10 hours to my parents' house in Arkansas. We lost an hour of time so that made the drive a little easier. We got to my parents' house, my husband dropped me off there and he had to continue to Springdale that night just has it decided to start snowing. Great time snow. He made it safe and sound to now it is just a distance game for a bit. I think 15 months of distance while we were dating will get us through this little bit of time. 

So that is how 41 hours is comprised on the road with a little, and I mean little rest in between. (staying up until 12:30 & 3am makes for only a little rest. ) :)

Peace & Blessings
Jonnie

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for those new South Bend friends!!! Haha...can't wait for you to pass through our area this spring.

    ReplyDelete