Monday, December 13, 2010

Pozole (recipe included)

So my husband's family makes a soup called Pozole. It is super good and I really enjoy it and because I enjoy it so I decided to blog the recipe.

Pozole
2 tsp. dried oregano
1 red onion, chopped
2 cans chicken broth
1/2 tsp salt
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 tsp chili powder
1 can Hominy, drained & rinsed
1 can Black Beans, drained & rinsed
3/4 lb boneless chicken breast
1 cup shredded green cabbage
1 lime


In a saucepan
-1/4 cup broth
-3/4 cup onion
-salt
cook until onions are clear 
Add garlic, oregano, chili powder- cook for 1 minute
Add hominy and remaining broth- bring to simmer
Add chicken- bring to simmer and leave for 10 minutes
Add black beans-bring to simmer


Garnish
toast oregano & add to bowl of chopped onion
slice green cabbage
slice lime into wedges


I personally like to add the sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and lime! So good even if my husband does not think so. 


And this is what you get:


Yummy Yummy! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment